Embark on a culinary journey with this exquisite rendition of Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Stuffed Pork Tenderloin.
This dish, a harmonious blend of rustic charm and gourmet sophistication, promises to transform your dining table into a stage for culinary excellence. Perfect for a cozy family dinner or a sophisticated gathering, this recipe brings the essence of gourmet cooking right into your kitchen.
- 1kg pork loin, expertly scored
- 175g of thinly sliced Manchego cheese
- 150g of sweet membrillo (quince paste)
- 2 sprigs of fresh sage
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 whole garlic head, bisected horizontally
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 200ml of a rich, medium-dry sherry
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Begin by preheating your oven to a robust 220°C (Gas mark 7).
- Place the pork loin on a cutting board, skin side down. Delicately slice three-quarters deep along the length of the loin, then unfurl it into a broad rectangle. Season this canvas with a thoughtful sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- In the heart of the pork, lay out the Manchego cheese and membrillo. Sprinkle over this with the leaves from one sage sprig. Carefully roll the pork, cocooning the filling, and secure it at 3cm intervals with kitchen string.
- In a roasting tray that can grace both oven and hob, arrange the remaining sage and thyme, along with the halved garlic. Place the pork atop, skin side facing the heavens. Anoint with olive oil and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Lovingly transfer your creation to the preheated oven. Allow it to roast for 20 minutes, until the skin declares its crispness and golden hue. Then, reduce the heat to 180°C (Gas 4) and continue to roast for an additional 50 minutes, until the pork whispers of perfect doneness. Once achieved, let the pork rest on a serving platter.
- Place the roasting tray over the hob. Pour in the sherry, letting it dance and bubble, while you gently coax the flavorful bits from the tray’s bottom. Simmer, then press the garlic and remove the herbs, mingling in any juices that the pork has graciously offered during its rest.
- To serve, slice the pork tenderloin into generous portions. Strain the sauce, and cascade it over the slices, completing this masterpiece.
Indulge in this Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, a dish that not only satiates the appetite but also ignites a passion for refined flavors and textures. Bon Appétit!