Gordon Ramsay Macaroni Cheese and Cauliflower Bake Recipe
- 300g cauliflower florets
- 300g dried macaroni
- 60g butter, plus a few extra knobs
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp English mustard powder
- 600ml whole milk
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- 100g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g Lancashire cheese, crumbled
- 100g Cheshire cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
1. Provide a large pan of well-salted water to the boil. Include the cauliflower and prepare for 4-5 minutes till tender. Remove with a placed spoon and refresh within a bowl of ice-cold water to avoid it from cooking any more. Drain well.
2. Tip the actual macaroni into the boiling salted water and cook till al dente, according to box instructions. Drain, refresh below cold, running water and deplete again. Mix the macaroni, cauliflower and a few knobs associated with butter together in a big bowl.
3. Preheat the stove to 200°C/Gas 6. Temperature the 60g butter within a pan, and stir within the flour and mustard natural powder to make a roux. Gradually include the milk, beating constantly with a balloon whisk till the mixture is smooth. Gradually bring to the boil over the low heat, whisking regularly, until the mixture thickens. Time of year well with cayenne pepper as well as sea salt to taste.
4. Blend the three cheeses together as well as stir half into the white-colored sauce. Mix well till the cheese has melted and also the sauce is smooth once again. Add the macaroni as well as cauliflower to the sauce and blend well to coat. Distribute the mixture into a big, wide gratin dish.
5. Mix the remaining cheeses with the breadcrumbs and thyme leaves. Mix over the top of the macaroni as well as cauliflower mixture. Bake for around 15-20 minutes until the leading is golden and sharp. Serve immediately.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.