– Place a large, shallow saucepan or a high-sided frying skillet over a medium heat through adding the oil. Once very hot, add the sliced onions with a pinch of sodium and sauté for 8-10 minutes, until completely smooth.
– Add the spices as well as continue to cook for a additional minute or until you can definitely smell them, then add the actual ginger and chillies and also stir over the heat for any further minute.
– Pour in the particular coconut milk, tamarind insert and 400ml of drinking water (use the empty coconut milk tin to calculate the 400ml). Season along with salt and pepper, mix well and bring to the simmer.
– Once the sauce is actually simmering, add the aubergine and continue to cook with regard to 5 minutes, then add the celery and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the carrots along with aubergine are tender and also the sauce has thickened just a little.
– Add the green beans in addition to cook for a further 4 minutes, then add the fish. Mix well to coat, after that cook for 3-4 moments, until the fish is just prepared through. Taste and change the seasoning as necessary.
– Provide the curry with grain in warmed serving containers, sprinkled with toasted desiccated coconut, if using.
– ½ tbsp flavourless essential oil, e. g. groundnut, regarding frying
– 2 onions, peeled and finely sliced
– two tsp mustard seeds
– one tsp ground turmeric
– a couple of tsp ground cumin
– 3cm piece of fresh root turmeric, peeled and grated
– 1-2 long red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped, in order to taste
– 1 x 400ml tin reduced fat coconut milk
– 1-2 tbsp tamarind paste or watered-down tamarind block
– 1 small aubergine, cut into bite-sized items
– 2 carrots, chopped in to bite-sized rounds
– 200g eco-friendly beans, topped and tailed and cut in half
– 600g meaty white fish (e. g. cod, pollock, haddock or coley), cut directly into bite-sized pieces
– Sea salt as well as freshly ground black spice up
How To Serve
– coconut and ginger Brown Rice
– 2 tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted (optional)
Gordon Ramsay’s Top 5 Indian Dishes