Gordon Ramsay, a name that resonates with culinary excellence, has become synonymous with high-quality British cuisine and a flair for fiery kitchen dynamics. With multiple Michelin stars to his name, Ramsay’s approach to cooking combines precision, simplicity, and a deep respect for ingredients.
His television shows, from “Hell’s Kitchen” to “MasterChef,” have not only entertained millions but also educated aspiring chefs and home cooks around the globe.
Gordon Ramsay's Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe
Spaghetti Carbonara, a classic Italian dish, is beloved for its creamy texture, savory flavors, and comforting essence.
Gordon Ramsay’s version elevates this classic with a few signature twists, ensuring a luxurious yet straightforward experience for cooks of all levels.
- 400g spaghetti
- 150g pancetta, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 100g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Prepare the Pasta: Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve some pasta water for later use.
- Cook the Pancetta: While the pasta cooks, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan and fry the pancetta until it’s crispy and golden.
- Mix Eggs and Cheese: In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan, and a generous amount of black pepper until well combined.
- Combine: Drain the spaghetti and add it to the pan with pancetta. Remove from heat to prevent the eggs from scrambling and quickly pour in the egg and cheese mixture. Stir vigorously, adding a splash of pasta water to achieve a silky, smooth sauce that clings to the pasta.
- Serve: Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley and additional grated Parmesan before serving.
Gordon Ramsay's Cooking Tips:
- Pancetta Quality: Opt for high-quality pancetta for a deeper flavor profile.
- Egg Mixture: Ensure the pasta is warm to help cook the egg mixture without scrambling it.
- Serving: Serve immediately to enjoy the creamy texture of the sauce.
What to Serve with Spaghetti Carbonara:
Complement this rich dish with a light, crisp green salad and a glass of dry white wine for a balanced meal.
Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe FAQ
- Can I use bacon instead of pancetta?
Yes, bacon is a suitable substitute, though pancetta is preferred for authenticity.
- How do I prevent the eggs from scrambling?
Remove the pan from heat before adding the egg mixture and stir quickly.
- Can this recipe be made gluten-free?
Absolutely, by substituting regular spaghetti with your favorite gluten-free pasta.