This healthy sweet treat is served with macerated berries.
– 1 ripe mango
– 500ml natural yoghurt
For the macerated fruit
– 200g mixed berries, e.g. blackberries, raspberries and strawberries, hulled and quartered or halved Zest and juice of a small orange
– 1 tbsp icing sugar
– Small couple of basil leaves, finely shredded
1. First prepare the berries. Place them within a bowl and add the orange zest, sugar and basil. Mix well, cover with cling film as well as set aside to macerate on an hour or two.
2. Meanwhile, peel the mango and take away the stone. Purée the flesh in the blender until smooth. Layer the purée and yoghurt in 4 x 200ml serving glasses and chill until required. (If you have time, you could alternate the layers to generate a stripy effect.)
3. When able to serve, top each glass together with the macerated berries.