The wonderful winter soup also features corn, pepper and leek, yum!
– Olive oil, for frying
– 1 onion, peeled and diced
– 4 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, chopped into small pieces
– 2 bay leaves
– 2 potatoes, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
– 1 leek, trimmed and finely chopped
– 1 x 375g tin creamed corn
– 1 x 200g tin sweetcorn, drained
– 750ml chicken or vegetable stock
– 500ml whole milk
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
If you are interested in Keto recipes, get them here »
1. Place a big saucepan or hob-proof casserole dish over the medium heat. Add a dash of oil and fry the onion until softened. Add the bacon and then cook until lightly coloured. Stir inside the bay leaves.
2. Add the potatoes and leek and cook for 5–7 minutes, till the leek is soft.
3. Stir inside the creamed corn and sweetcorn, then pour inside the stock and milk. Bring to a delicate simmer and cook for a quarter-hour, or before potatoes are completely soft and also the flavour ripped. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Serve in warm bowls.
Don’t forget to check out Keto recipes here »