- 2 ribeye steaks, about 1 inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the steaks to the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are seared and browned.
5. Add the garlic, thyme, and rosemary to the skillet, and baste the steaks with the melted butter using a spoon.
6. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook the steaks for about 5-7 minutes, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
7. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving.
8. In a small bowl, mix together the room temperature butter and chopped herbs to make the herb butter.
9. To serve, slice the steaks against the grain and top each slice with a dollop of herb butter. Enjoy!